Baked Cod with Lemon and Dill
- 12 ounces cod fillets*, fresh or thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Melt butter in a small sauce pan and stir in the lemon zest and dill.
2. Rinse fish fillets if desired, and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides (if fish is skinless) with salt and pepper. Lay fish on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Drizzle half of the butter mixture over fish. Flip fillets over and drizzle remaining butter on top. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until fish tests done (tender and flaky inside). If fillets are thin, check at 12 minutes; if fillets are thicker they will probably need at least 15 minutes.
Serve with rice, with lemon wedges to squeeze over fish and rice if desired!