Grilled Swordfish with Anchovy Butter
- 4 swordfish steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 4 anchovy fillets, mashed, or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a shallow bowl, sprinkle swordfish with salt and rosemary and rub into fish. Sprinkle with oil and turn fish to coat. The fish can be refrigerated, covered, up to 4 hours before grilling.
- In a small bowl or in an electric mixer, combine butter, anchovies, lemon zest and juice, cayenne, and salt. Transfer to a small ramekin and refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Generously oil the grill or broiler rack to prevent fish from sticking. Grill over moderately hot coals 8 inches from the heat until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Or broil 6 inches from the heat of a preheated broiler.
- Remove with a well-oiled metal spatula and top hot fish with a spoonful of chilled anchovy butter.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Sodium: 569mg
- Carbs: 0g
- Protein: 24g
- Fiber: 0g