Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 7 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place orzo in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and keep warm.
2. While orzo cooks, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add half of shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in pan. Add remaining shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer to plate.
3. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, juice, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done.
- Calories: 403
- Fat: 10.4g (sat 4.8g,mono 2.2g,poly 1.4g)
- Protein: 40.1g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 276mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 549mg
- Calcium: 97mg
David Bonom, Cooking Light, MARCH 2009Print Recipe