- 1 cup (250 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. (30-45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. (750 g) tilapia fillets (or other white fish fillets, such as sole, cod or haddock)
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a plastic or paper bag combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano (or Italian seasoning), salt and pepper. Hold the top of the bag shut and shake to mix everything together.
- Pour vegetable oil into a small bowl. Working with one fillet at a time, brush both sides with a little of the oil, then drop into the bag with the bread crumb mixture and shake to coat well. Remove from bag and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining fillets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn fillets over and continue to bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes when you poke into it with a fork.
How kids can help
Mix together crumb mixture.
Brush fillets with oil and shake to coat with crumbs.