• 1 1⁄2 pounds raw large shrimp (about 48), peeled and deveined
• 1 1⁄2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
• 1⁄4 cup almonds (any style)
• 1 large garlic clove
• 1⁄4cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• freshly ground black pepper
• crusty bread
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Arrange the shrimp in a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold them in one layer, or divide evenly among four individual baking dishes.
Combine the remaining ingredients (except bread) in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the pesto over the shrimp.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp are just firm. Serve the shrimp with crusty bread.
NOTE: This dish can be assembled up to 8 hours ahead of time. Combine the shrimp and pesto in a dish as directed and keep covered and refrigerated until ready to bake.
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipe