• 2 pounds raw small-to-large shrimp
• 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
• 2 tablespoons drained capers
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1⁄4 cup olive or vegetable oil
• 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
• 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, sliced thin
• freshly ground black pepper
• 8 large lettuce leaves, washed and spun dry
Peel the shrimp and halve them lengthwise. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil, add the shrimp, and boil 3 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and rinse briefly under cold water to stop the cooking.
In a bowl whisk together the mustard, mayonnaise, relish, capers, and lemon juice until combined well. Whisk in the oil until the dressing is emulsified. Add the shrimp, onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper; toss well. Serve the shrimp on a bed of lettuce.
NOTE: If you are short on time, buy peeled, precooked shrimp and halve them lengthwise. All that is left is tossing and serving.
The dish can be prepared completely and kept refrigerated and covered for up to 2 days.
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipe