- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 15-20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces equals 246 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Double K Grilled Salmon published in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p33