• 1 7-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
• 2 teaspoons drained bottled horseradish
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, or other 11 shrimp and crab boil” spice mix
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• Freshly ground black pepper
The classic tomato and horseradish sauce for shrimp is still a favorite, but this roasted-pepper version is a nice change. A snap to prepare using frozen precooked and peeled shrimp, this makes an impressive hors d’oeuvre. It also makes a great dressing for seafood salad.
In a blender combine all the ingredients except salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Simply Boiled Shrimp (see page 2).The sauce keeps covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Makes 3⁄4 cup
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipe