• 1 pound fresh cod (or haddock)
• 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more
• Olive oil
• 1 8 ounce container grape or cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup red, orange or yellow bell pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 teaspoons capers
• 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Cut the cod into 6 pieces then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add in about 2 tablespoons of olive o il. Once hot add in the cod and cook for about 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
Lower the heat to medium. Slice tomatoes in half and add into the pan then add in onions, peppers and garlic while continue to cook about 2-3 minutes.
Pour in stock
Add in 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock dried basil and thyme and stir around. Add in about 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and pepper. Reduce the temperature to low then add in capers.
Slightly cover for 8 minutes until fish is fully cooked.
Top with fresh parsley and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
Thanks to Cindy’s Table for Another Great Recipe!