Parmesan Crusted Haddock
3/4 cup all-purpose panko (or use garlic or lemon pepper-found here)
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
3 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 green onions, green tops only thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed (approx. 1/2 lemon)
salt and pepper to taste
2 pounds fresh haddock fillet
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsely finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly butter a baking dish.
2. In medium bowl, mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs, butter, mayonnaise, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
3. Pat the fish fillets completely dry with paper towels (removing the moisture ensures they won’t get mushy while baking); season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange the fish in baking dish.
4. Spread the cheese mixture over each fillet.
5. Place in preheated oven and bake until bubbly and almost cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Move fillets to broiler for about 2 minutes to brown and crisp the tops. When done, the fish should flake easily with a fork.
7. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.Print Recipe