Tuna Grilled Korean-Style
• 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 1⁄2pounds tuna steak (1 inch or thicker), cut into 4 portions
In a plastic bag combine all ingredients except the tuna. Mix the marinade in the bag until combined and add the tuna, coating it completely. Seal the bag, refrigerate, and let the tuna marinate for 1 to 2 hours, turning it occasionally.
Preheat a grill, or broiler with rack in the top position.
Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Discard the marinade and grill the tuna (or broil it on a rack set in a baking pan) for 3 minutes on each side until medium rare. Serve immediately.
NOTE: Swordfish or shark can also be prepared this way.
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipePrint Recipe