How to Make Instant Pot Fish
Are you looking for a quick and healthy dinner recipe? Steamed white fish tossed in olive oil and spices with a hearty serving of vegetables is a simple and delicious meal to make during a busy week. Fish are packed with valuable nutrients like vitamin D and heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids that our bodies need especially in the winter. If you have an Instant Pot, you can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes by following this simple recipe for steamed vegetables and white fish.
An Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker with numerous pre-programmed settings to make cooking easy. It is a great kitchen tool for making tender, flaky fish that is steamed to perfection. You can use the Kitchen Deluxe steamer insert pans to steam fish and vegetables at the same time in separate pans inside your Instant Pot. If you do not have these additions, don’t worry! You can still follow this recipe but, instead of using the two insert pans to cook the fish and vegetables separately, place the fish on the steam rack inside your pot.
Instant Pot Fish from The Typical Mom
2 white fish fillets (such as tilapia, cod or halibut, approximately 3/4 of a lb) skinned and deboned
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp fresh basil, diced or oregano
1 zucchini cut into ¼ inch circles
1 yellow squash zucchini cut into ¼ inch circles
1 carrot cut into ¼ inch circles
1/2 yellow or white onion cut into large pieces
1 bell pepper cut into large pieces
1. Chop the vegetables into similar sized pieces and set aside.
2. Place a piece of parchment paper along the bottom of the largest stacked pan and pour the vegetables on top.
3. Toss the vegetables with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and half of the salt and basil.
4. Pat both fish fillets dry with a paper towel and sprinkle the remaining salt on them.
5. Place a piece of parchment paper along the bottom of the smaller stacked pan.
6. Lay the salted fish fillets on the bottom of the second pan and drizzle the remaining olive oil and basil on top.
7. Stack the two pans, with the largest on the bottom, and close the fasteners so that they are secured together.
8. Pour 1 ½ cup of water inside your Instant Pot and place the stacked pans inside.
9. Close the lid and steam valve.
10. Set to high pressure for 28 minutes.
11. Do a quick release when the time goes off. Check to see if the fish looks opaque and flaky. If the fish looks slightly translucent, add 2 minutes.
12. Once the fish is cooked, remove from pans and serve!
If you do not have stackable pans, spread the vegetables along the bottom of your pan. Toss in salt, basil and olive oil. Then place a steam rack on top. Lay the fish fillets on it and drizzle over the remaining olive oil and basil. Follow the rest of the instructions above.
We hope you love this recipe for healthy steamed fish and vegetables! Swing by City Fish Market to pick of fresh fish for your Instant Pot meal!