30-Minute Crispy Baked Fish is the Perfect Week Day Dinner Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious meal that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, try out this Crispy Baked Fish recipe from the Cooking and Beer blog! This simple recipe is easy to whip up and full of flavor. Pair the fish fillets with sautéed asparagus or a side salad for a healthy, easy weekday dinner that your whole family will enjoy.
You can choose any type of white fish that you prefer for this recipe. White fish are lean with a mild taste and light flake. They cook quickly. For this recipe, we recommend cod, scrod, or halibut.
The key to making perfectly crispy fish is removing any moisture from the outside of the fish. That is why it is important to pat each fillet dry with a paper towel before adding spices and bread crumbs. Making sure that the outside of the fillet is completely dry will also help the breading to bind better.
30-Minute Crispy Baked Fish
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
4 white fish fillets patted dry
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 1/2 – 2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
4. In another bowl, mix together the Italian seasoning and panko break crumbs.
5. Pat the fish fillets dry with a paper towel.
6. Lay the fish fillets on the baking sheet and place a generous spoonful of the mayonnaise mixture on top of each fillet.
7. Use the back of the spoon to spread the mayonnaise mixture across the fillet. Make sure that the top and sides of each fillet is complete covered with a thin layer.
8. Sprinkle the panko mixture on top making sure that each fillet is evenly coated.
9. Gently dust the top of each fillet with a spray of nonstick cooking oil.
10. Place the pan in the oven.
11. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the fillets are golden brown on top and cooked through.
12. Remove from heat.
13. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges, then serve.
Tip: When you are buying seafood for dinner, be sure to go to a fishmonger or seafood counter that you can trust like City Fish Market. If you like this recipe, leave us a comment! We love to hear your feedback. For more recipes and cooking tips, check out more of our blog posts or follow us on Pinterest!