Can Eating Fish Help You Get A Better’s Night Sleep?
If you understand the mind blowing power of getting the recommended sleep, you likely eat fish. Or you may ask, “Can eating fish help you get a better night’s sleep?” The answer is yes! Anything that could motivate you to eat more seafood will add to the healthfulness of your diet. So, read on to learn the benefits of sleep and how the omega-3 fatty acids in fish help you sleep better.
Sleep is as important to a healthy life as eating food and breathing air. So, if proper sleep is missing in your life, things may not be going so well. The following are life issues that can be caused by lack of sleep:
- Frequent illness
- Difficulty maintaining a healthy weight
- Stressed out
- Bad moods
- Unable to concentrate on school assignments or work
- Difficulty getting along with people
- At risk for car accidents due to drowsiness
How Much Sleep Do I Need?
The experts have done the research and can tell you how much sleep everyone needs, according to their age. Every age is important. For instance, it may interest young parents to know how to coax their toddlers to sleep more hours of the night. The following recommended number of hours of sleep per night includes naps:
- Toddlers: 11 to 14 hours of sleep
- Preschoolers: 10 to 13 hours of sleep
- Elementary school kids: 9 to 12 hours of sleep
- Teenagers: 8 to 10 hours of sleep
- Adults: 7 or more
How Can Eating Fish Help Me Sleep Better?
At City Fish Market, this is the part we like. When you eat fish, you are empowered to get a better night’s sleep! We’ve got fresh fish galore, and we do mean the freshest fish you can find! The omega 3s in fish provide this wonderful benefit of a more restful night of sleep. (By the way, that’s just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Eating fish provides numerous health benefits.)
Scientists are now recommending eating fish to get an improved quality of sleep–especially eating tuna, sardines, salmon, anchovies, lake trout, mackerel, bluefish, and herring.
Research derived from a careful study on how eating fish affects sleep shows some great results. A few examples follow:
- Adult men who eat fatty fish three times per week for several months experience improved daytime performance and fall asleep more quickly at night.
- Omega 3s improve sleep quality in adults and children.
- Omega 3s help adults sleep longer.
- Omega 3s stimulate melatonin, a key hormone that facilitates sleep.
Just in case you need more convincers, here are a few fish recipes that have garnered much praise:
- The Very Best Fish Recipe Ever
- Mediterranean Fish with Tomato and Olive Tapenade
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Fish Florentine – The BEST Fish Recipe!
City Fish Market Offers the Powerful Sleep Formula in Fish
At City Fish Market, we care about our customers. That’s why we like to spread the word about facts like this one: Eating fish helps you get a better night’s sleep! You can find the fresh fish needed for countless great recipes at our retail counters. Visit us today at 884 Silas Deane Hwy in Wethersfield, CT, buy fish, and then go home and fluff your pillow. Eating fish could make better sleep happen for you!