Healthy Salmon Seasonings
Salmon, a large and fatty fish, has a buttery, rich flavor. The options for adding healthy salmon seasonings are numerous. A favorite among seafood lovers, salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and protein. Among its appealing features is that you can fry and eat the skin. The following are some ideas for preparing salmon with healthy seasonings. Note that full recipes are found at the links provided, such as this Blackened Salmon on Zesty Cabbage recipe on the City Fish Market website.
Broccoli Breadcrumb Baked Salmon
As healthy salmon seasonings go, broccoli is bound to be one of the best. In a Yummly recipe that includes butternut squash noodles, the broccoli breadcrumb coating for the salmon contains these ingredients:
- Dijon mustard
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Seasoned broccoli florets, baked and then pulsed in a food processor
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Breadcrumbs made from a whole-wheat English muffin
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Best Herbs for Salmon
Due to the popularity of salmon and its versatile flavor, recipes for preparing salmon are available from around the world. You can choose from many healthy salmon seasonings when you’re ready to cook a delicious salmon fillet or salmon steak. The following are eight of those herbs and a few descriptive words about their flavors.
- -Tarragon has an anise flavor and is often used in salmon recipes.
- -Parsley adds a fresh, bright flavor and is used in pan-seared and baked salmon recipes as well as seafood sauces.
- -Dill adds freshness and flavor that pairs ideally with salmon.
- -Fennell is another herb that adds freshness to salmon and is particularly good with butter sauce.
- -The earthy aroma of thyme is used in many salmon stews and soups.
- -If you are grilling salmon, rosemary is recommended for the strong pine flavor and bouquet.
- -The musty flavor of sage is added to many salmon dishes, including many for stuffed salmon.
- -Basil is another herb that enhances the flavor of salmon. It has a pungent flavor and is perfect to infuse butter for salmon recipes.
Homemade Salmon Seasoning Ideas
Garlic, rosemary, and coriander seed are more of the excellent seasonings for a range of salmon recipes. The following are suggestions for homemade salmon seasonings, and the full recipes for the homemade seasonings are found here.
Italian Salmon Seasoning
Discover the delights of Italian seafood using a homemade Italian salmon seasoning recipe with fresh parsley and dill; dried oregano, rosemary, and basil; red chili flakes; and garlic powder.
Cajun Salmon Seasoning
Cajun seasoning can elevate salmon to a whole new taste sensation, though these herbs and spices are perhaps more commonly used with lobster and shrimp. The seasonings include ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika; dried oregano, basil, and thyme; salt; and pepper.
Sweet and Savory Salmon Seasoning
Make sweet and savory salmon seasoning up to several days ahead of time. Store the seasoning mix in the refrigerator in a well-sealed container. Seasonings include chopped parsley and thyme leaves; minced garlic; freshly cracked pepper; red pepper flakes; lemon zest; and brown sugar.
On our City Fish Market website, we offer many delicious salmon and trout recipes. We have the best fresh fish around at 884 Silas Deane Highway in Wethersfield CT 06109. Visit us when you are ready to cook fresh seafood with healthy salmon seasoning. Contact us anytime using our online form or call us at 860-522-3129 today.