Pescatarian Meal Plan
Eating a pescatarian diet has many health benefits, from a robust heart to a healthy gut. A pescatarian diet is primarily plant-based, except for eggs, dairy, and fresh fish and seafood. We’ve rounded up our favorite recipes to help you adopt this healthy lifestyle. So whether you are looking for a few delicious pescatarian recipes or a pescatarian meal plan, keep reading!
Why not give up seafood? There is a lot of buzz right now about the benefits of an entirely plant-based or vegan diet. But, if you look at the healthiest countries in the world, seafood is a staple in their diet. Seafood is an excellent source of iron, vitamin B, zinc, protein, and Omega-3 fatty acids. While there are vegetarian sources of these essential nutrients, it’s harder for your body to absorb them from vegetables or legumes. Scientists believe this is why some strict vegans experience hair loss, increased risk of stroke, and less brain health. By including seafood, dairy, and eggs in your plant-based diet, you will be sure to get all of the nutrients your body needs.
Pescatarian Food List
- Legumes (beans and lentils)
- Tofu and other soy products
- Grains (especially whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice, and quinoa)
- Cheese, Yogurt, and other dairy products
- Nuts and seeds
How to Use this 7-Day Pescatarian Meal Plan
It can take time to get used to planning meals without poultry or red meats. That is why we’ve created this 7-day pescatarian meal plan for you. Below you will find a list of five pescatarian breakfast recipes, seven pescatarian lunch recipes, and seven pescatarian dinner recipes to choose from. You don’t have to make all of them in one week! We recommend starting with just a handful.
You can stick to a pescatarian diet even if the only meal you make at home is dinner. Many ready-made breakfast options are pescatarian-friendly, like breakfast bars, bagels, and parfaits. If you don’t pack or make lunch at home, look for seafood or vegetarian options at your favorite lunch spots. For dinner, choose 3 to 5 recipes from the meal plan that sound good to you. Plan to eat leftovers or order food the other days of the week.
Even if you make every meal at home, we know that preparing something different for breakfast, lunch, and dinner can be exhausting. We recommend:
- Prepping breakfast and lunch on the weekend –
- Choose 1 to 2 breakfast options from the list to prepare and store in the refrigerator or pantry.
- Choose 2 to 3 lunch ideas from the list to prepare and store in your refrigerator.
- Picking 3 to 5 dinner recipes to make fresh during the week.
1-Week Pescatarian Meal Plan
- Very Best Granola
- Avocado Toast (6 Ways)
- Parmesan & Vegetable Muffin-Tin Omelets
- Spanish Style Egg Muffins
- Acai Bowl
- Green Goddess Quinoa Bowls with Arugula & Shrimp
- Mediterranean Couscous Bowl with 5-Minute Seared Ahi Tuna or two hard-boiled eggs
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup with dinner roll
- Tofu and Kale Pesto Sandwich
- California Veggie Sandwich
- The Ultimate Hummus Sandwich
- Spinach and Smoked Salmon Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing
- Roasted Salmon Caprese
- Quick Shrimp Tacos
- Baked Tilapia with Parmesan Crust
- Best Chickpea Burgers
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil
- Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
- Coconut-Curry Cod Stew with Tasty Sweet Potato & Rice
We hope you love these pescatarian recipes as much as we do! For more seafood recipe ideas, browse our blog or stop by the stop by our Wethersfield seafood counter at City Fish Market! Our friendly team members are happy to share recipes they love when you pick up fresh fish and shellfish order.