- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound crabmeat, shredded
1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter, softened
4 pounds whole flounder – cleaned, rinsed and dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large casserole dish or a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
- Heat butter over medium-low heat in a large saucepan. Stir in onion, green onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in shredded crabmeat, seasoning, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Rub flounder skin and cavity with butter. Stuff with crab mixture and place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until flesh is firm and white at the thickest part of the fish.