Swordfish and Mushroom Marsala
• 2 pounds swordfish steak (about 1 inch thick), cut into 4 portions
• coarse kosher or sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 1⁄2pounds mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
• 3⁄4 cup dry Marsala
• 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Season the swordfish steaks on both sides with salt and pepper and dredge them in the flour.
In a skillet large enough to hold the steaks without crowding, heat the butter and oil over moderately high heat until very hot. Add the steaks and brown for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. They will not be completely cooked through. Transfer the fish to a plate.
Reduce the heat to moderate. In the skillet, cook the mushrooms, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Add the Marsala, salt, and pepper, and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and return the steaks to the skillet. Simmer, covered, until the steaks are reheated, about 3 minutes.
NOTE: Halibut can be substituted.
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipePrint Recipe