Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 20 large sea scallops.
- 10 slices of bacon.
- 1 cup of Whipping cream.
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Snipped fresh chives.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Arrange the slices of bacon on a baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cut each slice crosswise in half, then allow to cool.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around the sides of each scallop and secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place the sea scallops on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the scallops are cooking, boil the whipping cream in heavy large skillet until reduced to about ¾ cup.
- Add the Dijon mustard and maple syrup, then boil for about 3 minutes or until thickened to sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce onto serving plates.
- Remove the toothpicks from scallops and place on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the snipped fresh chives.