Grilled Swordfish In Flank Steak Marinade
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus additional for brushing the grill
• 1 garlic clove, minced or forced through a garlic press
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 1/4 salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 4 6-ounce swordfish steaks ( 3/4 to 1 inch thick)
In a large plastic bag or large shallow dish, blend together all ingredients except the swordfish. Add the swordfish, coating it well with marinade, and let it marinate, covered and refrigerated, 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Preheat a grill, or broiler with rack in the top position.
Bruch the grill with vegetable oil. Discard the marinade and grill the fish ( or broil it on a rack set in a baking pan), for 5 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Serve immediately.
NOTE: Tuna, shark, or halibut can be substituted, but tuna should be cooked for a shorter time.
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipePrint Recipe