Nantucket Baked Cod Recipe
- 3 lbs fresh cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 small tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 dashes black pepper
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut fish into 4 (two per serving), and place fillets in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Brush the top of each fillet with butter, squeeze little lemon juice on the fish, then sprinkle the spice blend evenly over the top of each fillet.
- Arrange 2 to 3 tomato slices over top of each fillet.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over each tomato slice. Each slice should be about half covered.
- Bake the fish, uncovered, for 8 minutes, then turn oven to a high broil and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese on tomatoes begins to brown.
- Serve two pieces of fish per serving with rice on the side.