Spinach Stuffed Sole
- 2 lb. fresh flounder fillets
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 large lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Pat fish dry with paper towels and sprinkle each with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg with the ricotta until smooth. Add the feta, bread crumbs, spinach, ¼ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. black pepper, and thyme. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the filling between the fish fillets, placing the filling on the widest end of the fillet. Roll the fish around the filling. Secure the seam with toothpicks, if needed.
- Place the stuffed fish, seam side down in the baking dish. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the top of the stuffed fish. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. The stuffing should be cooked through and the fish should flake when touched with a fork.