Tsatsiki Shrimp Salad
• 2 cups minced, peeled, seeded cucumber (about 11⁄2 cucumbers)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
• 1 1⁄2 pounds peeled Simply Boiled Shrimp (page 2)
• freshly ground black pepper
In a sieve, toss the cucumber with salt, and let it drain for one hour. Press out as much liquid as possible. Squeeze the cucumber dry in paper towels, then transfer to a bowl.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. The salad is best served immediately, but it can be kept covered and chilled for up to 24 hours. Stir it well if it becomes watery.
Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as an appetizer
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipePrint Recipe