Baked Halibut Georgiana
• 1 large onion, sliced thin
• 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
• 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons dry sherry
• 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
• 4 halibut steaks (about 8 ounces each)
• coarse kosher or sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients up to the fish in a bowl and toss well. Spread half the mixture in the bottom of a large baking dish. Season the halibut on both sides with salt and pepper and put on top of the vegetables. Scatter the remaining mixture on top.
Preheat oven to 425°F
Bake the fish 13 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve the halibut with the vegetables and juices spooned on top.
NOTE: The dish can be assembled ahead of time and kept covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours before baking.
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipePrint Recipe