Grilled Molasses Salmon With Lime
• 3 tablespoons dark molasses
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil plus additional for brushing grill
• 4 salmon steaks (about 8 ounces each)
• coarse kosher or sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• lime wedges as an accompaniment
In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients.
Put the salmon in a shallow dish or plastic bag and pour the marinade over it, coating the salmon well. Let it marinate, covered and refrigerated, for 1 to 4 hours. Discard the marinade and season the salmon with salt and pepper.
Preheat a grill, or broiler with rack in the top position.
Brush the preheated grill with oil and grill the salmon (or broil it on a rack set in a baking pan) for 6 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Serve the salmon with lime wedges.
NOTE: Halibut or swordfish can be substituted for the salmon.
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipePrint Recipe