Steamed Littleneck Clams in Garlic & Oil
- 2lbs. littleneck clams
- 2T olive oil
- 1/4c chopped onion
- 1T.minced garlic
- 1/4c water or white wine
- salt,pepper,parsley to taste
- Rinse clams in cold water
- In lg pot,heat oil and saute onions and garlic 60 seconds.
- Add water or wine,clams and season to taste.
- Cover,steam till clams open,about 8-10 mins.
- Serve with melted butter and broth
- Note: I sometimes saute chopped prosciutto or chorizo with garlic and onion. Also,sometimes add chopped tomato at the end.
Serve alone or on a bed of pasta.Print Recipe