Swordfish Poached In Curried Tomato Sauce
• 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 large tomatoes, chopped (about 2 1⁄2 cups)
• 2 teaspoons curry powder
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
• 1 1⁄2pounds swordfish, trimmed of skin, dark meat, and fat, and cut into 2-inch chunks
• freshly ground black pepper
In a large deep skillet, cook the onion in oil over moderate heat, stirring, until it begins to color. Add the tomatoes, curry, salt, and sugar and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the swordfish and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the fish among four plates, spoon the sauce on top, and sprinkle with cilantro.
NOTE: Any fish steak can be substituted.
Thanks to Leslie Glover Pendleton for this recipePrint Recipe